As per LANSW Rules of Competition - August 2018
NOTE: Spikes cannot be worn by U6-U10 athletes.
1. Appropriate footwear is compulsory for all athletes in all events.
2. No athlete may wear football boots or cleats in any event.
3. Athletes in the U11 age group may only wear spike shoes in events run entirely in lanes, Long Jump, High Jump, Triple Jump and Javelin.
4. Athletes in the U12-17 age groups may wear spike shoes in all of the events listed in above (point 3) as well as events not run entirely within lanes, except walks.
5. All spike shoes must be work with all holes filled with a complete set of spikes, with no more than 2 blanks/slugs installed.
6. Spike shoes must only be worn during the event and are not to be worn to and from the event unless suitably covered. This includes Friday nights. Spikes must be removed at the conclusion of each race.
7. Any number of spikes up to 11 may be accommodated on each shoe, but the number of spike positions shall not exceed 11.
8. Spike length:
- Synthetic - Track 7mm maximum
- Synthetic - High/Long/Triple/Javelin 9mm maximum
- Grass 12mm maximum