COMPETITION NIGHT - 22ND SEPT
Week 2 | Week B Program
Tiny Tots start at 6:00pm on the top oval.
U6's-U17's start at 6:20pm on the main oval.
We will be calling on volunteers tonight to help with Hurdles on the straight track. This event will not run if we don't have assistance with pick-ups and height/flight adjustments.
We will also require three (3) helpers with the canteen/BBQ.
Please consider lending a hand as our nights only run successfully with assistance from our parents. We have over 400 athletes registered which is a lot of avialable help. All of our committee are tied up in the track ensuring events run smoothly.
MEL GT EXPLOSIVE SPEED CLINIC
Thursday 28th September | 9:30am - 12:15pm (School Holidays) @ Leonay Oval | $65
Ages 8 to 16 only.
We are so excited to announce that we have secured the Melinda Gainsford-Taylor Explosive Speed Clinic for our athletes next week.
This is a very rare opportunity to develop your speed and technique with a 3-time Olympic Sprinter!
To attend you MUST book and pay online ASAP as places are limited to 40 athletes and they will fill up fast.
If there are still places available on Monday 25th September we will being opening this up to other clubs in the zone so don't miss out!
Click here to read more about the clinic.
FREE JUMPS WORKSHOP
Presenter: Kellie Martin
Thursday 5th Oct - Triple & Long Jump
4:30 - 5:30pm @ Leonay Oval
Triple Jump is often a scary event for our athletes as they move up to their next age group. It often confuses parents and helpers too.
We will be offering a free practical workshop for any athlete and/or parent who wants to know more. We also encourage Age Managers to attend to get a feel for judging and recording these events.
We will go through the rules and techniques, do some basic drills and then give the athletes a chance to practice what they've learned so that they have confidence on Friday nights.
Please be aware that this is not a coaching session and is aimed at those who are new to Triple/Long Jump.
There is no need to book. Simply come along on the Thursday. Bring a drink and a smile!
Friday night competition results are available by logging into Results HQ.
Each week, results for athletes in U6 to U17 age groups will be entered in no later than Tuesday following competition. Some results will be available by Saturday.
NOTE: Tiny Tots do not have results.
Please send email to email@example.com if you are having trouble logging in or if one of your children don't appear.
Also keep in mind that some track results may be missing if there was a problem with the timing/recording of results for that event. It may take additional time for us to resolve an issue and results for that event may not be available for some days.
To login, go to www.ResultsHQ.com.au
Username is your email address used when you registered your athlete.
Click on "Forgotten your password?" to receive your password via email, or use your password from last season.
FRIDAY NIGHT TIPS
Welcome to all of the families who have joined us this season - both returning families and new ones!
The first night few nights of the season can get a little crazy, despite our best planning and hard work behind the scenes, so here are a few little tips and expectations to try and get us all through:
- Parents/carers must remain at the ground at all times. Athletics is not a drop-off sport.
- There is no designated finish time. Your child will finish when the age group has completed their events. The times in our program are a guide only.
- We have an enormous amount of equipment that needs to be set up and we would be grateful for assistance if anyone can come early to help.
- Tiny Tots start at 6pm on the top oval. Be sure to write your child's name on the sign-on sheet and sign in each week. This includes trialists. TT's are split into colour groups and yes you can put them in the same group as their friends. Stacey Clarke is our co-ordinator this year and she is excited to be taking on this role. Please don't be shy if she asks you for assistance.
- All other athletes muster on the main oval at 6:20pm behind their age group buckets.
- The field inside the track fence is not for spectators. Only those who are assisting with events and designated parent helpers are to be on the field. Please respect this rule. It is no different to footy and soccer. Spectators are welcome anywhere around the outside of the fence but MUST remain BEHIND any throwing event. We have plenty of grandstand seating or bring your best comfy chair.
- Please label jackets, hats, drink bottles and bags. Kids are notorious for losing these items on a Friday night. We keep a lost property tub and last season it was full.
- Be patient. We are a very large club with a lot of athletes and, whilst we pride ourselves on our organisation, sometimes there are hiccups.
- We are ALL volunteers and give our time freely to ensure your athletes enjoy theirs. (And we are only human).
- For the first time in a very long time we are running our own canteen. The BBQ will be fired up and available each week. There are also other items for sale. We have a coffee van for those that need the caffeine! Please try and support our canteen/bbq efforts. In order for it to be successful we will need helpers each week - please consider giving your time if you can. All proceeds from Friday nights go straight back to the club for future investment.
- The ground is an ALCOHOL and SMOKE-FREE zone.
- It will be cold for the next few weeks, so please ensure your athletes have warm jackets. It is ok for them to wear a long-sleeved shirt under their singlet as long as their registration number is visible.
- All registration numbers must be visible.
- Uniforms will be available for sale from 5:45pm if you need one. If your child starts Tiny Tots prior to the uniform shop being open please pin their numbers to comfortable shorts and shirts.
Above all please enjoy the atmosphere and competition. Remember, this is a kids sport and it is meant to be fun!
CROP TOP & REGISTRATION PATCH
As we moved to a new uniform this season we fully expected to have a few teething issues.
For those of you who have purchased crop tops you may be experiencing problems fitting the registration patch. To solve this problem please read the information below carefully:
Little Athletics NSW stipulate that the red border on the registration patch must be visible, however, if your child will NOT be competing in any events outside our club (gala days, representative events, Zone, Region, Seniors etc) then you may fold the bottom part of the patch under, ensuring the number is still completely visible.
If you are unsure about attending extra events then you could fold it under and tack into place allowing it to be dropped down at a later point in time if required.
If there is any likelihood of attending events outside of Friday night competition then the border must remain and we recommend the following:
- Fasten the patch at the top of the crop by tacking the corners or sewing across the top line.
- Fasten or tack along the sides of the number to the elastic line at the bottom and allow the rest of the number to overhang.
If you are not happy with this solution we are more than happy for you to exchange the crop for a singlet.
One Sport numbers (U12-U17's): the top coloured section of the One Sport number may be folded under and tucked away (on the crop top only) and this is acceptable by LANSW.
Uniforms will be available Friday nights from 5:45pm in the Visitors room at the oval.
Please click here for further information.
REGISTRATIONS 2017/18 OPEN
registrations must be completed on-line via LANSW website. Click here
Week 1 competition commenced Friday 15th September 2017.
Completing online registration
- Choose RENEW for families returning to Emu Plains LAC. Athletes within a family can be added or removed.
- Choose NEW for families joining Little Athletics for the first time.
- For familes who were previously registered with another club and who wish to join Emu Plains LAC, please contact LANSW on (02) 9633 4511 to have your details moved across PRIOR to registering online
- In order to receive the discounts for 2 or more children, you must register as a Family
- A suitable proof of age document must be provided at a collection day for any athlete registering with Emu Plains for the first time (birth certificate, passport, hospital blue book)
- Payment on-line via Credit Card or Paypal
Registration Fees 2017/18
- First child is your eldest child
- Children must be siblings to register as a Family
|First Child U6-U17
|First Child Tiny Tot
|Second Child U6-U17
|Second Child Tiny Tot
Competition Pack Collection
- Friday 22nd September 5:30-6pm only - Leonay Oval